THE PLANNER AS THE BRIDE- My Experience with wedding Dress

  Picture Credit- @monsurutiamiyuphotography


LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

So on this beautiful day even before we got introduced, i saw this beautiful design on Instagram, I totally fell in love and I remembered a friend wearing something similar months before. Fast Forward to weeks after, same designer dropped another design in same color and I was in love again(sighs). So I decided to make the two dresses and slay wedding and reception dresses with a statement. Ooh all stakeholders loved it.....



REALITY CHECK!

Oooh! I loved these dresses, so the search for the perfect designer started. I kind of figured brands I could trust in Ibadan easily and had my first bridal consultation. She was so practical and nice, a lady I respect so much, weeks after the discussion I was so curious , I wanted my bill and I got it. Sewing and fabric was going to place the bill at almost half a million....Could not sleep well that weekend my budget was just going to accommodate that, can't even spend that much on dresses, then I asked two more designers and it was almost the same story.

Then I started thinking of the work that was involved and how we easily pick designs online and expect a miracle.....Then the #tomboy in me broke out(after seeing a machine gun version of one of the styles on IG) and I started asking myself if this was not the case of every one wanting to be a doctor as a Child when asked....Searched and discovered the color was the attraction not the style.

HOW DID I KNOW?

So I went back to my budget, did all the cutting and still didn't feel the need to make it work, so my very own Bestie and personal shopper said we should go on a search trip so as to satisfy my curiosity. We planned the trip and I invited my short friend of life(grins) and when we saw the ONE I had goose pimplesI shivered the experience was just so special and I didn't ignore it. It is all shades of simplicity, the one thing that describes my person....to think I was all out for Ivory, white humbled me(chuckles).  The girls wanted us to still go around, we did but nothing else did the magic,(thanks babes for the push). Yes by the time am done with the dress even the (Oga for obudo oyinbo )that made it will wonder. Let us not even discuss the price yet....let us just say I got it below my book budget...Saved some cool cash....


TAKE AWAY

1. The first decision might not be the best, go through all the options
2. Make decisions void of emotions. NO SENTIMENTS
3. That it is expensive doesn't make it the best
4. You are NOT in a COMPETITION


BUYING TIP

Some ready made dresses are not so expensive because they were mass produced, that custom dress might be that expensive because you are paying for brand, location and unit purchase of materials.Be sure of the value you are getting in exchange for money

Market shock:   So we got to a woman's shop and she was acting like our mother, like "you better buy this, you can't get anything better;if it was my Ikeja store it will be double if not triple the price" hmmm while I was trying to be nice,my girls where downstairs already!!!BABES, so fast


TABLE SHAKING 
 Forget been nice!!!! some vendors just feel once it is wedding it must be expensive, vendors are milking soon to weds and it is totally unfair. In the coming days people will start playing pranks like that makeup stunt that went viral the other day....Story for another day


Time to go home!!!!!

WEDDING JOURNAL
 
ADETIRAN TOLULOPE



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CONVERTING EVENT GUESTS TO CLIENTS AS AN EVENT PLANNER

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT PLANNING A SERVICE OF SONGS